Saturday, April 11, 2009

Focus

Its always been difficult for me to focus on my own success. This may or may not some as a surprise for those that know me, but the best way i can desribe it is that with me my focus has always been vague and off in the future. Not really too sure why that is, though Ive got some pretty good ideas why. I enjoy helping others be successful but sometimes forget about myself.

Ive had some pretty awesome success as a real estate wholesaler, but after my trip to Baltimore last week with the FlipVIPS--my mastermindgroup--it became pretty clear to me that I view my desire to help people before myself as a handicap.

Really offering the kind of service I am capable of is not a handicap, but will probably make millions of dollars.

Steve made it damn clear to me that my approach is not a handicap. In fact he went on to say that having that kind of midset has been huge for helping him reach the kind of suuccess he has had. He said this stuff around the table with everyone else, but also during our private meeting.

I have heard this a million times, but not across the table.

So I am drawing a line in the sand....a rubicon so to speak. I will no longer think that my success and others' success are mutually exclusive. I will look at my desires to help as part of my vision for true and lasting success....I mean after all thats what real success is. I will work in such a way that allows me to really harness the energy I have and propel myself past my plateau.

Focus can be a funny thing, and I will post more and more about my experiences with it but I feel super pumped about my business and where i am headed. I feel in solid control of my thoughts and my emotions, as well as the deals I have running.

Im just going to kick the crap out of my limiting beliefs and take myself past whatever I thought was my limit.

2 comments:

  1. Focus has been my biggest problem. I jump from one thing to another all the time and it hinders my progress.

    Steve is correct about your wanting to help others, as it in no way should hinder your success. Look at what Steve does, he helps others by partnering with them on deals. It's a win win

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well lets do some deals then!

    ReplyDelete