Thursday, April 16, 2009

16Apr09

Enough complaining.

The past few days ive been in a pretty heavy rut, im not gonna lie.

The truth is that I have a whole lot to be thankful for and some really awesome things are happening in my business. Not quite as awesome as Steph, but hey give me some time.

I dont know who reads this blog, but its my hope that all of the things that eventually make it onto these pages will help someone. I have yet to get into the groove on this thing, but I will...and I assure you it will be awesome.

I have been using some new tools for keeping myself accountable, and they work like a charm. The old saying goes that if you want something different from what you have you have to do something different from what you are used to. Thats what im doing, everyday.

Ive been hitting the gym everyday and man ill tell ya its good stuff. I have been going 3-4 times a week for the past ~4 years...sometimes I get a little off focus for a few days, but I always come back to the basics and get myself back in the game. I have been doing some stuff in there and w my diet that is blasting my plateaus out of the water and has taken me to ~230 lbs.

I know that this thing with my dedication to my body feeds my dedication to other things in my life, so my advice to anyone is to get in the gym and start pumping iron. Its the greatest shit ever created.

For what its worth, I struggled super hard in the beginning too. Smoking, drugs, bad diet, bad thoughts you name it. For me its a real victory and a super success to be in great shape.

Each success I have ever had has always been preceded by this torturous experience beforehand. Tell you the truth my business has been pretty similar, but thats for another day...im not quite there yet. For the gym I would join, get ready to go, and psych myself out of going....over and over and over again. The only thing that has separated me was that I would never ever give up.

My advice to people is always the same. Never give up, ever. No matter how hopeless it looks, just keep going. The night is in fact darkest just before the dawn, as the sun is furthest away, just before light appears. People need to undersdtand that life exacts a price for your acheivement, and that price is paid not with money but determination and personal focus.

I have some challenges right now happening in my life, and in some ways it does feel kind of shitty. But, I believe in myself and I know I will succeed, so I press on. I press on no matter what happens.

A guiding principle in my life has been my faith, but also my knowledge of shinobi and ninjutsu.

Anyone who is feeling discouraged, take heart, because I have been there, will probably be back, and will leave again for clear water and green pastures for a bountiful harvest. You are what you sow.

Press on towards you vision of quality.

5 comments:

  1. Great post, Jerry.

    Give me a call this weekend when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jerry,

    I'll definitely be following your blog. I really like your stuff over at kissflipping and flippinghomes.com

    Thanks,
    Sabrin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Jerry - looking forward to following your blog. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Jerry! Thank you for sharing your journey. We all need to be inspired and reading blogs like this gives me hope that I can challenge myself to start my own business as well.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good stuff people....Steph you brought me out into the light!

    Sabrin thanks.

    ReplyDelete